We pass by the Teotitlan del Valle Tourist Yu’u every time we enter the village road making the turn off of the Panamerican Highway Mex 190. It’s a comfortable-looking building, although we’ve never stopped to look inside. To my recollection, I’ve never seen anyone stay there either. But, I’m not yet a full-time, 100 percent village resident. Because this particular yu’u is right at the crossroads of a very busy intersection, it doesn’t seem to be a desireable location. Yet, from reading about them, I know this way of experiencing rural Mexico can be rewarding and affordable. You can read more about the experience of staying in a Yu’u and how to make arrangements by reading this link to the New York Times travel section above.
Search by Key Word
See Us Social
- View https://www.facebook.com/normalee.schafer’s profile on Facebook
- View https://twitter.com/OaxacaCulture’s profile on Twitter
- View oaxacaculture’s profile on Instagram
- View https://www.pinterest.com/oaxacaculture/’s profile on Pinterest
- View Norma Schafer’s profile on YouTube
- View Norma Schafer’s profile on Vimeo
- View Norma Schafer’s profile on Google+
Norma Contributes Two Chapters!
- Norma Schafer and Oaxaca Cultural Navigator LLC has offered programs in Mexico since 2006. We have over 30 years of experience developing and delivering award-winning programs for Indiana University, University of Virginia, George Washington University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Study tours are personally curated and introduce you to Mexico's most stunning artisans. They are off-the-beaten path, internationally recognized, live and work at home where it is safe and secure to travel. Groups are limited to 12 people for the most personal experience.
Workshops are scheduled according to your travel plans. Send us your available dates.
Designers, retailers, wholesalers, universities and other organizations come to us to develop customized itineraries, meetings and conferences. It's our pleasure to make arrangements.
Tell us how we can put a program together for you! Send an email firstname.lastname@example.org