We are delighted that Beth E. Miller of Boulder, Colorado, will be with us for the Oaxaca Women’s Writing Retreat. Beth will be leading yoga movement, vocal yoga and meditation sessions during the program. She has a huge following and many devoted clients. My friend Annie Burns is inspired by Beth’s approaches. I want to share her bio-background-resume with you so you have a greater appreciation for what she will bring to the richness of our program.
- Yoga instructor, including such specializations as Vinyasa yoga and Hatha yoga geared specifically for teens, girls, and young women, Children’s Yoga, and Mantra/ Sonorous Yogas.
- Early childhood educator, based primarily in the Waldorf tradition, using skills both as a Yoga Instructor and a Vocalist.
- Vocal Artist, performer and teacher of Western classical and sacred world traditions.
- Workshop Leader, organizing and leading weeklong / weekend workshops that combine Yogic Practice/ Philosophy; Sound Meditation; Earth Wisdom and Depth Psychology; Creativity and Improvisation.
- Teacher of English as a Second Language, including group and private classes for children, teens, and adults.
- Owner of The Body Elemental, a successful Holistic Health Counseling business engaged in coaching teen girls and young women to adopt healthy lifestyle habits, while greatly improving outcomes for clients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome; facilitating weight loss or weight gain when appropriate, and successfully managing clients’ freeing themselves from the ill effects of sugar, caffeine and other unhealthy food choices.
- Office Manger of high-volume photography studio.
Additional Concurrent Experience
Univas Preparatoria, Oaxaca, Mexico Winter 2010
Boulder Waldorf Kindergarten, Boulder, CO Winter/ Spring 2009
Growing Gardens, Boulder, CO (volunteer position) Winter/ Spring 2009
True School Rocks, New York, New York Summer 2008
International High School at Prospect Heights Spring 2007 – 2009
Brooklyn, New York
Park Slope Yoga Center, Brooklyn, New York 2001 – 2009
Life in Motion Yoga Center, New York, New York 2001 – 2009
Citibabes, New York, New York Spring – Summer 2007
Shining Star Waldorf School, Portland, Oregon 2004 – 2005
PS 321, Brooklyn, New York Spring 2004
Westminster Choir College, Princeton, New Jersey Summers 2001 -2004
Chia Messina Photography, New York, NY 2001-2003
Institute for Culinary Education, Chef Training Program, 2006
Institute for Integrative Nutrition, Certified Holistic Health Counselor, 2004
Centered Yoga Teacher Training, 2001
Westminster Choir College, BA Music, magna cum laude, 2000
Additional Training/ Self-Study/ Skills
- Vocal Training with Judith Coen, Subhra Guha, Timothy Hill, and Sylvia Nakkach
- Vipassana Meditation Training in the SN Goenka Tradition, Shelburne, MA
- Proficient in conversational Spanish