- You need to get the complete first and last two names of the person you want to send money to. Make certain of the spelling. Sometimes “s” and “z” are interchangeable and it needs to be exactly as it appears on their legal documentation.
- Ask them what bank is closest to them where they either have an account or conduct banking transactions — where it is most convenient for them to pick up money. They do not have to have an account. It just needs to be the name of the bank and the location (village or district or street address).
- Go to your bank and tell them you want to wire money to Mexico. You tell them the name of the bank and its location (city, address). My bank (Bank of America) has a service called Safe Send. I can wire up to $1,500 USD per month to Mexico with no charge.
- You give your bank the money.
- They fill out a form on the computer. They give you a “key code.” You send the key code to the person who you want to receive the money in Mexico. I do this via email.
- They go to their bank and give the teller the code and show their ID with their complete name (as above).
- They receive their money.
Search by Topic
See Us Social
Norma Contributes Two Chapters!
- Norma Schafer and Oaxaca Cultural Navigator LLC has offered programs in Mexico since 2006. We have over 30 years of experience developing and delivering award-winning programs for Indiana University, University of Virginia, George Washington University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Study tours are personally curated and introduce you to Mexico's most stunning artisans. They are off-the-beaten path, internationally recognized, live and work at home where it is safe and secure to travel. Groups are limited to 12 people for the most personal experience.
Workshops are scheduled according to your travel plans. Send us your available dates.
Designers, retailers, wholesalers, universities and other organizations come to us to develop customized itineraries, meetings and conferences. It's our pleasure to make arrangements.
Tell us how we can put a program together for you! Send an email email@example.com