If you are in Oaxaca on February 4, 2012, don’t miss this spectacular sale of collectible textiles. Several well-known Norteñas who have lived in Oaxaca for many years are downsizing and editing their collections, including Mary Jane Gagnier who is a book author and formerly married to weaver Arnulfo Mendoza. If I wasn’t going to Chiapas this week, I’d be there in a heartbeat. I suspect there will be huipiles woven on blackstrap looms with the designs integrated into the weft. Some will be embellished with needlepoint. There will likely be shawls, scartable perhaps table linens. Enjoy.
Search by Key Word
See Us Social
- View https://www.facebook.com/normalee.schafer’s profile on Facebook
- View https://twitter.com/OaxacaCulture’s profile on Twitter
- View oaxacaculture’s profile on Instagram
- View https://www.pinterest.com/oaxacaculture/’s profile on Pinterest
- View Norma Schafer’s profile on YouTube
- View Norma Schafer’s profile on Vimeo
- View Norma Schafer’s profile on Google+
Norma Contributes Two Chapters!
- Norma Schafer and Oaxaca Cultural Navigator LLC has offered programs in Mexico since 2006. We have over 30 years of experience developing and delivering award-winning programs for Indiana University, University of Virginia, George Washington University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Study tours are personally curated and introduce you to Mexico's most stunning artisans. They are off-the-beaten path, internationally recognized, live and work at home where it is safe and secure to travel. Groups are limited to 12 people for the most personal experience.
Workshops are scheduled according to your travel plans. Send us your available dates.
Designers, retailers, wholesalers, universities and other organizations come to us to develop customized itineraries, meetings and conferences. It's our pleasure to make arrangements.
Tell us how we can put a program together for you! Send an email firstname.lastname@example.org