If you are in Oaxaca on February 4, 2012, don’t miss this spectacular sale of collectible textiles. Several well-known Norteñas who have lived in Oaxaca for many years are downsizing and editing their collections, including Mary Jane Gagnier who is a book author and formerly married to weaver Arnulfo Mendoza. If I wasn’t going to Chiapas this week, I’d be there in a heartbeat. I suspect there will be huipiles woven on blackstrap looms with the designs integrated into the weft. Some will be embellished with needlepoint. There will likely be shawls, scartable perhaps table linens. Enjoy.
Search by Key Word
Sign Up to Follow Us
See-Do-Learn Travel Programs
Workshops, Retreats, Residencies. We offer hands-on, in-depth cultural immersion experiences in small groups, limited to 10 people. You develop skills and explore your creativity with lots of personal attention. We pride ourselves on giving you affordable experiences. Ask us about customized programs individually tailored or for groups.
- Oaxaca Arts & Artisan ExpoVenta–Show and Sale, This Weekend at Las Bugambilias B&B
- Oaxaca’s Monte Alban Archeological Site Key to Zapotec Civilization
- Oaxaca’s Grand Master of Pottery Angelica Delfina Vasquez Cruz
- Finding Diego Rivera & Frida Kahlo: Photo Highlights
- In Mexico City: Popular Art–Folk Art Shopping Hideaway
- Oaxaca Show & Sale, July 25-26: To Benefit Artisans and Artists at Las Bugambilias B&B
- 2014 Dance of the Feather Schedule: Teotitlan del Valle, Oaxaca
Tagsarcheology art blogsherpa Chiapas class cooking course creative writing culture day of the dead dia de los muertos Eric Chavez Santiago Federico Chavez Sosa fiber folk art food indigo jewelry Mexico Mexico City Museo Textil de Oaxaca natural dyes Oaxaca photography poetry postaweek2011 pottery Puebla recipe recipes retreat safety shopping Teotitlan del Valle textiles tour tourism traditions travel Travel and Tourism weaving workshop workshops yoga Zapotec
© Oaxaca Cultural Navigator LLC -2013.We give permission to reuse the content on this blog, including excerpts, photos and links only when full and clear credit is given to Norma Hawthorne, Oaxaca Cultural Navigator LLC along with a link to the original content. Thank you for being respectful of this request. --Norma Hawthorne