This one was not much to write home about. On the border of the States of Oaxaca and Guerrero very close to the epicenter of the big one (7.4) we felt two weeks ago, today’s earthquake a little after 1 p.m. shook for about 15 seconds and was gone. They say these are strong aftershocks from the earlier one. Today’s quake that some are calling a terremoto, registered 6.3 at the epicenter and was felt in Mexico City, Acapulco and Oaxaca. No damage! I looked up at Dolores and Omar, they looked at me, we said in unison, “temblor?” They nodded and we went on about our business. This must mean I’m getting used to it.
Search by Key Word
See Us Social
- View https://www.facebook.com/normalee.schafer’s profile on Facebook
- View https://twitter.com/OaxacaCulture’s profile on Twitter
- View oaxacaculture’s profile on Instagram
- View https://www.pinterest.com/oaxacaculture/’s profile on Pinterest
- View Norma Schafer’s profile on YouTube
- View Norma Schafer’s profile on Vimeo
- View Norma Schafer’s profile on Google+
Norma Contributes Two Chapters!
- Norma Schafer and Oaxaca Cultural Navigator LLC has offered programs in Mexico since 2006. We have over 30 years of experience developing and delivering award-winning programs for Indiana University, University of Virginia, George Washington University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Study tours are personally curated and introduce you to Mexico's most stunning artisans. They are off-the-beaten path, internationally recognized, live and work at home where it is safe and secure to travel. Groups are limited to 12 people for the most personal experience.
Workshops are scheduled according to your travel plans. Send us your available dates.
Designers, retailers, wholesalers, universities and other organizations come to us to develop customized itineraries, meetings and conferences. It's our pleasure to make arrangements.
Tell us how we can put a program together for you! Send an email firstname.lastname@example.org