The beauty of learning in a Oaxaca photography workshop from Sam and her husband Tom Robbins is that they also show and tell. As photographer-teachers, they are well versed in the art and language of the verbal and the visual. They shoot photographs right along with the group and then bring those photos back into the learning session so that we can see the exemplars. Sam was recently featured in the April 2012 issue of Black and White magazine. She loves shooting with black and white film, so she presented the challenge of using our digital cameras to make b&w and sepia photos — a different way to see the world. Both of them use an innovative, experimental art lens called the Lensbaby Muse (Sam calls it a Woogity), to get just the right amount of distortion to make a photograph interesting and artful. You can see more of their work at their website. Click on each photo below to get full screen detail!
Search by Key Word
See Us Social
- View https://www.facebook.com/normalee.schafer’s profile on Facebook
- View https://twitter.com/OaxacaCulture’s profile on Twitter
- View oaxacaculture’s profile on Instagram
- View https://www.pinterest.com/oaxacaculture/’s profile on Pinterest
- View Norma Schafer’s profile on YouTube
- View Norma Schafer’s profile on Vimeo
- View Norma Schafer’s profile on Google+
Norma Contributes Two Chapters!
- Norma Schafer and Oaxaca Cultural Navigator LLC has offered programs in Mexico since 2006. We have over 30 years of experience developing and delivering award-winning programs for Indiana University, University of Virginia, George Washington University and University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Study tours are personally curated and introduce you to Mexico's most stunning artisans. They are off-the-beaten path, internationally recognized, live and work at home where it is safe and secure to travel. Groups are limited to 12 people for the most personal experience.
Workshops are scheduled according to your travel plans. Send us your available dates.
Designers, retailers, wholesalers, universities and other organizations come to us to develop customized itineraries, meetings and conferences. It's our pleasure to make arrangements.
Tell us how we can put a program together for you! Send an email firstname.lastname@example.org