Join us for 4 nights and 5 days, February 20-24, to explore some of Diego Rivera‘s stunning Mexico City murals. We will be joined by an art historian who specializes in Rivera’s murals to guide us through these incredible buildings:
- Palacio Nacional
- Palacio Bellas Artes
- Museo de Mural de Diego Rivera
- Secretaria de Educacion Publica
Plus, we will shop for outstanding folk art, and eat to our hearts’ content at historic and contemporary restaurants!
The trip includes:
- 4 nights lodging at a highly rated, historic center hotel
- 4 breakfasts
- gala welcome dinner
- museum entry fees
- guided discussions by a Rivera art historian
- visits to folk art galleries
- introduction to Norma’s favorite restaurants (meals not included)
- transportation that is part of the itinerary
- Thursday, February 20 — travel day, arrive and check into our hotel, gala welcome dinner
- Friday, February 21 — art historian guided visit to SEP, afternoon gallery visits
- Saturday, February 22 — art historian guided visit to Palacio Nacional, folk art gallery and market visits
- Sunday, February 23 — art historian guided visit to Palacio Bellas Artes and Museo Mural de Diego Rivera
- Monday, February 24 — depart
Be ready to WALK and then, walk some more! Don’t forget to bring an extra suitcase.
Cost: $595 per person double occupancy. $795 per person single occupancy.
What the trip doesn’t include:
- lunches, dinners, snacks, alcoholic beverages
- transportation to/from Mexico City
- trip insurance
- tips for hotels, meals and other services
Cost: $595 per person double occupancy. $795 per person single occupancy. Minimum: 4 people to offer program. Maximum: 6 people.
Reservations and Cancellations
A 50% deposit will guarantee your spot. The final payment for the balance is due by January 20, 2014. Payment shall be made by PayPal. We will be happy to send you an itemized invoice.
Please understand that we make lodging and other arrangements months in advance of the program. Deposits or payments in full are often required by our hosts. If cancellation is necessary, please tell us in writing by email. After January 20, no refunds are possible. However, we will make every possible effort to fill your reserved space or you may send a substitute. If you cancel on or before January 20, we will refund 50% of your deposit. We strongly recommend that you take out trip cancellation, baggage, emergency evacuation and medical insurance before you begin your trip, since unforeseen circumstances are possible.
To register, email us at email@example.com. If you have questions, we can arrange a Skype call. We accept payment with PayPal only. Thank you.
This workshop is produced by Norma Hawthorne, Oaxaca Cultural Navigator LLC. We reserve the right to adjust the itinerary and substitute leaders without notice.