I’m Mexico bound next Thursday, November 16, 2017, and this is the last of my collection I will offer for sale now. Stay tuned for when I return in March 2018. These are all one-of-a-kind pieces I’ve collected over the years, most of them new. I buy to support the artisans I visit and send these lovelies on to you.
Scroll down. 4 SOLD. 3 Available.
How to Purchase? Send an email to me, Norma Schafer. Tell me the piece — by number — that you want to buy. Also include your mailing address. I will send you a link to make a PayPal payment that will include the cost of mailing via USPS. If you are in Canada, it will be sent international First Class. Thank you.
Please order by Monday, November 13. That will give me time to package and get to the post office before I leave!
1. San Antonino Castillo Velasco, Oaxaca Wedding Dress, Size L-XL
1. This is a full-length Oaxaca Wedding Dress, $260 USD. Even in Oaxaca, embroidery and crochet of this quality can sell for $400 USD or more. Examine the detail of the little dolls at the neckline that serve as bodice gathers. Look at the intricacy of the crochet work and embroidery. This is a very fine piece! Fabric is a cotton-poly blend. Size Large-XL.
1. Sleeve detail, Oaxaca wedding dress.
1. Bodice detail, Oaxaca wedding dress
2. This hand embroidered floral motif dress is from the remote village San Miguel Soyaltepec — an island in the Miguel Aleman Reservoir, State of Oaxaca. I bought this piece there and never wore it. $235 USD. The stitches are teeny-weeny, dense and beautiful. Size L-XL.
2. Exquisite embroidered dress, fine stitches, Size L-XL
3. SOLD. Birds, flowers and vines are beaded onto the bodice of this beautiful China Poblana blouse from the mountains of Puebla, about 6 hours from Mexico City. The neckline and sleeves have a drawstring to loosen or tighten. The background is entirely filled with translucent clear beads. $135 USD. Size L-XL.
3. Densely beaded China Poblana blouse from Cuetzalan, Puebla State
3. Sleeve detail, Puebla China Poblana blusa
3. Bodice detail, China Poblana blouse
4. SOLD. This 100% wool shawl measures 76″ long and 20″ wide, and is hand-woven on a pedal loom in Teotitlan del Valle by Juan Carlos, an very accomplished artisan. It is dyed with pericone/wild marigold with an indigo over-dye. $125 USD.
4. Green Shawl, hand-woven with natural dyes — indigo/wild marigold
Detail, green wool shawl.
5. The blusa with Pizzaz, this beautiful soft cotton textile woven on a back-strap loom is embellished with traditional designs and some silver floss from the Maya village of Oxchuc, near San Cristobal de las Casas. $125 USD. Super fine workmanship! Can be a blouse or tunic. Size L-XL
5. Oxchuc village, Chiapas blouse, back-strap loomed with embroidered bodice
5. Oxchuc blouse bodice detail
6. SOLD. Lavender blue blouse with rainbow neckline and sleeve embroidery. $65 USD. Textile is hand-loomed and hand-embroidered, very soft and sturdy. Size L-XL.
6. Daily wear in Chiapas is a hand-loomed blouse with neck and sleeve embroidery
6. Bodice detail, Chiapas blouse
7. SOLD. This simple blouse has an attention-grabber neckline, with little embroidered details on the shoulder and down the front. Hand-embroidered on commercial cloth. $35 USD. Size L-XL.
7. Natural cotton with embroidered bodice blouse
7. Detail of simple cotton blouse