Rosario is my Teotitlan del Valle, Oaxaca, friend who is an excellent embroiderer. I asked her to make more shoulder bags to send to me to offer to you. The dimensions are similar for all of them:
- The bag is 8″x10″ (Because they are handmade, there is some variance.)
- The shoulder strap is 43″ long. Use as a shoulder or cross-body bag.
- They are lined and have an inside pocket.
- The zipper is sturdy and easy to use.
- The floral motif is carried over from front to back.
- The embroidery is dense and detailed.
- Each bag costs $58 plus $12 mailing. Total is $70. We can combine orders.
To Buy: Please email me email@example.com with your name, mailing address, item number and your payment preference. I will mark it SOLD. You can purchase using Venmo, Zelle, or PayPal. I will send you account information when you tell me you are ready to purchase.
I’ve known Rosario for years. She comes from a humble family that works hard to make ends meet. I have encouraged her to develop her sewing and needlework skills, and give her a new sewing machine a couple of year ago to help her sew dresses and blouses and to make these bags.
Thank you for supporting this handwork. It’s not too early, either, to start thinking about the season of gift giving and how special a handmade gift from Oaxaca would be!