I’m back in North Carolina for a while and I’m going through my 20+ year treasure collection. The pieces I’m offering for sale today are jewelry from the bygone years, an eclectic mix of “needed for professional life” or an “artistic point-of-view” that no longer fits my lifestyle. I’ll be listing an eclectic mix of pieces over the next weeks. Keep your eyes open! They are one-of-a-kind!
You get first choice before I list these on eBay and in my Etsy shop.
Nine (9) items offered today. Please email me with your interest (email@example.com), plus address, specify August 13 and item number. I will calculate postage and send you an invoice.
#1. SOLD. John Hardy Pearl, 18K Gold and 925 Silver Earrings. 14K gold posts. 6mm (approx) pearls set in 1/2″ diameter bezel, 1-1/2″ long, mesh silver ball topped with 18K gold crown. Bought at Saks 5th Avenue, 1990’s. Vintage. $165. plus shipping. No signs of wear.
#2. SOLD. Artisan-designed and hand-made sterling silver leaf and flower necklace 16″ long including clasp. Flowers have 14K gold centers. Bought at Smithsonian Crafts Show, Washington, D.C. $165. plus shipping.
#3. Contemporary Asheville, North Carolina jewelry artist Joanna Gollberg designed and made. I purchased these from her at the North Carolina Designer Crafts Show in 2003. Hand wrought sterling silver Ellipse (3a. left) and Stix (3b. right) earrings. $35. each pair. Plus shipping.
#4. I Don’t Remember Earrings. They are either platinum or white gold. Simple, functional. 5/8″ diameter. $85. plus shipping.
#5. Vintage Thailand Silver Fish Earrings, handmade. Bought in a Hill Tribe Village outside of Chang Mai, 1994. Old then. Fish dangles 1-1/2″ from hook eye. I have not polished these. $125. plus shipping.
#6. Abalone shell and silver triangle tiered earrings made by Chapel Hill, North Carolina, jewelry artist Rebecca Laughlin McNeigher. Shimmering abalone shell difficult to come by now. 2-1/2″ long. $95. plus shipping.
#7. Jade studs, approx. 5 to 6mm, with gold setting and post. $65. plus shipping.
#8. 14K Rose Gold ball earrings bought in Australia, 2002. 1″ long from curve of hook. Approx. 1/4″ dia. ball. $65. plus shipping.
#9. Rare spiny oyster pendant from South America with hand-made sterling silver setting/bale. 1-1/4″ long by 3/4″ wide at bottom. $65. plus shipping.
Pop-Up Vintage Jewelry Sale: Oaxaca Gold Filigree, Mexican Sterling + More
I’m making another trip to the USA and in the move to edit my collection, I’ve taken inventory and will sell the following jewelry. Most pieces are vintage collectible and some are new and newer.
Please make your purchases by June 30, 2016. I will bring what you buy with me and ship from Santa Fe, NM after July 7. All prices include USPS priority mail shipping within USA. Send me an email and I’ll let you know if the piece is still available, then send you a PayPal invoice. Thank you very much.
Vintage 10K Gold filigree + pearl earrings, Muñeca’s, 2-1/8″ long, $350 USD
10K Gold Filigree earrings, Veracruz, 1-1/2″ long, $225
2. SOLD. Veracruz, Mexico flower earrings, 10K gold. Handmade filigree. Vintage. Intricately made, hangs beautifully from sturdy wires. $225 USD.
10K Gold filigree earrings, Veracruz, 1-1/4″ long, $185
3. SOLD. Veracruz filigree flower earrings, vintage, handmade, smaller and a bit more delicate than #2. $185 USD
10K Gold filigree flower ring, Veracruz, size 4-1/2, with 1″ flower, $95
4. Veracruz Flower Ring, vintage. $95 USD.
10K Gold filigree ring, Veracruz, size 4-1/2, with 1″ flower, $95
5. Veracruz 10K gold filigree flower ring. Vintage. $95 USD.
Patzcuaro, Michoacan. New, handmade silver and coral dangle earrings, $110 USD
6. Patzcuaro handcast silver and coral earrings, 2-1/2″ long dangles. $110
Mazahua New Silver + Coral Bird Earrings, 2-1/2″ long, $145 USD
7. SOLD. Silver and Coral Bird Earrings made by the Mazahua people in Estado de Mexico. These are cast and carved with lots of moving parts for movement when you walk. Very traditional design. 2-1/2″ long. $145 USD
SOLD Santa Clara del Cobre, Michoacan, Copper Ball Earrings, new, 1″ long, $65
8. SOLD. Copper Ball Earrings have a non-tarnish finish. $65 USD. I was in Santa Clara del Cobre last year where I bought these. Love the sheen.
Matl-style vintage earrings, sterling, turquoise, coral, amethyst, $225
9. Matl-style, sterling, turquoise, coral and amethyst earrings. I bought these at a Mexico City antiques market. They have post-backs. All stones in excellent condition. 2-1/4″ long. Stamped Mexico 925. $225 USD.
Ballesteros Jadeite + Sterling Vintage 40’s Choker & Bracelet, $250 USD, 2 pieces
10. SOLD. Carved Masks necklace and bracelet set. Jadeite and sterling. Necklace is 16″ long with a secure hook clasp. Bracelet is 6″ long and will fit a small wrist. All carved masks in perfect condition. Marked Ballesteros, Hand Made, Taxco Mexico. Ballesteros was one of the finest silversmith studios. More photos below:
Ballesteros hand made necklace and bracelet set. Photo 10B.
Black Onyx Sterling Silver Vintage Bracelet, 7″ long, 3/4″ wide, $145 USD
11. Black Onyx, Sterling Silver Filigree with sturdy box clasp, 7″ long bracelet. This is a vintage piece found in a North Carolina rural antique shop. They knew what they had! Stamped Sterling Mexico. $145 USD. Another photo below.
11B. Black Onyx + Sterling filigree bracelet, box clasp.
Jadeite Sterling Silver Ball Bracelet, with rope detail, 8″ long, 1/2″ wide, $155
12. SOLD. Jadeite and Sterling Ball Bracelet with sturdy box clasp. $155 USD.
12B. Jadeite + Sterling Bracelet clasp detail. Taxco 925.
Huichol hand beaded earrings. 3″ long. $22 USD
13. Huichol peoples make gorgeous beadwork. These are great summer casual fun. $22 USD.
Huichol beaded earrings, 3″ long, new $22 USD
14. Brown, Pink, Cream, Black beaded Huichol earrings, with sterling hooks, 3″ long, $22 USD
Waxed Linen Crochet Flower earrings, 2-3/4″ dia. from Estado de Mexico, $30 USD
15. Hot pink, purple with a touch of yellow, makes this pair of earrings a knock-out for summer. All hand-crochet work, tight, and strong. I bought these in Malinalco, Estado de Mexico. $30 USD
Posted in Cultural Commentary, Jewelry
Tagged bracelet, earrings, filigree, gold, Huichol beads, jadeite, jewelry, Mexico, necklace, Oaxaca, onyx, sale, sterling silver, vintage