You have been asking for a self-guided tour map that highlights my favorite artists and artisans in Teotitlan del Valle, Oaxaca, Mexico. I have been promising to create and publish this map for some time! It’s now completed and I am offering it for sale at $10 USD for one copy.
How to order? Click on the PayPal “Buy Now” link below. As soon as the transaction is complete, I send you an email PDF file of the map that you can print out at home. The map is copyrighted and may not be duplicated or reproduced in any way without my permission. You are entitled to print out one copy for your personal use! (Honor Code) Thank you.
The map highlights 12 favorite stops in the village. Here’s what’s included:
- The weaving studio of the Chavez Santiago Family — Federico Chavez Santiago and his wife Dolores Santiago Arrellanas. They only work in natural dyes and 100% wool.
- Bii Dauu Weaving Cooperative, a great source for naturally dyed wool shawls, scarves and handbags.
- Arte y Seda, the family that cultivates silk worms, spins the silk, dyes it with natural materials, and makes glorious clothing.
- The studio of Pantaleon Ruiz Martinez, painter, weaver, and jewelry designer.
- La Vida Nueva women’s cooperative, a social justice and support organization for single women.
- Casa Santiago for lovely handmade handbags with leather handles.
- Restaurante Terra Antigua owned and operated by Carina Santiago.
- Restaurante El Descanso.
- Las Granadas Bed and Breakfast.
- Annie Burns, shiatsu massage therapist.
- The Sacred Bean Coffee House
- Hiking trails to the dam
- Beeswax candle maker
- The church, the market, the archeological ruins, the community museum, and the cemetery.
11 responses to “Travel Guide to Teotitlan del Valle, Oaxaca: Self-Guided Tour Map”